Q. Diabetes is not under control even after taking medications. Kindly advise.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

I take GP3 before lunch and dinner, Obimate SR 1 gm after lunch and dinner, Tryglynase 2 before breakfast but diabetes is not coming under control. I have attached my report.

#

I can understand your concern. There are three ways to control diabetes. Diet, exercise, medicines (oral or Insulin). No matter how good your blood sugar reports are, you should definitely follow a strict anti-diabetic diet and do regular daily aerobic exercises like walking, running, cycling or swimming.

So, start anti-diabetic diet and exercise if you are not following. In treatment, you should start long-acting Lantus Insulin 10 units in the night at 10 AM. Take Tryglynase two tablets before breakfast, two before lunch and one before dinner. Also, take Voglibose 0.3 mg tablet one before breakfast, one before lunch and one before dinner. Stop GP3 and Obimate SR 1 gm. Get done repeat FBS, PPBS after seven days and let me know the results.

Lack of diet and exercise.

FBS and PPBS after seven days.

Obesity.

Uncontrolled diabetes.

Lantus Insulin.

Diet and exercise.

|