Q. I had very light spotting on my second I-pill and not a proper bleed. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Meeta Airen
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 11, 2022

My last period was on the 10th of last month. I had unprotected intercourse on the 19th and for precaution, I took I-pill within 24 hours. As a result, I got withdrawal bleeding on the 25th. Four days later (29th), we again had unprotected intercourse. I took another I-pill on the 30th within 24 hours of intercourse. As a result, I should have had withdrawal bleeding, but I experienced very light spotting equal to nothing. Is it withdrawal bleeding? Am I pregnant? When will I get my next periods?

#

Most likely, you will not be pregnant as you have taken the pills within time. The second bleed was also withdrawal bleed. It was light as you had bled a few days back already. You may get your periods according to the spotting which occurred on the 30th. You can check for pregnancy around the 20th to 22nd of this month by serum beta hCG test.

Thanks for your reply.

Can I use Prega news or I can - I will kit at home to test pregnancy? Would it give correct results?

#

No, do it with blood (serum beta hCG test).

Can you tell me what could be the reason I am experiencing tightness in the breast and stomach?

#

It can be because of the pills you have taken twice in a month. You should not have taken it so frequently.

|