Q. I am having abdominal pain for the last six months, which worsens on sitting down. Why?

Dr. Radha P H

I am a 28-year-old male. I have been having abdominal pains and discomfort for the last six months. The pain has been mostly on the left side and middle of my abdomen. It feels like I have a knot in my stomach. The discomfort is worse when I am sitting down. I have recently had an ultrasound scan done, and the results showed that I have a fatty liver and gallstones. I suffer from health anxiety. I have convinced myself that I have cancer. But my kidneys and pancreas showed up fine on the ultrasound, and my doctor Is not concerned with cancer at all. I have not deteriorated over the six months. I have not lost weight unintentionally. I am sleeping well, and other than the discomfort, I feel okay. I suffer from loose stools and have it for many years. IBS runs in my family as my sister and my father both have it. I am wondering if my fatty liver is causing this discomfort. I know I need to lose weight. I am currently trying to eat better and less rich fatty foods. Kindly help me.

#

You may also be having IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Also possible that you are only having dyspepsia and indigestion. What are your dietary habits? Please try to have small quantities of food at regular intervals. You should not be eating more quantities, frequently, but only moderate quantity at closer intervals, maybe at three hours intervals. Also, please stop spicy or masala items, root vegetables, high fats, and oily food. Take lean meat and green vegetables more. You can take fruits and plenty of fluids, natural fruit juices, water, etc. You can also take prebiotics, probiotics, curd, enzyme tablets, and PPI (proton pump inhibitors) Pantoprazole 40 mg twice a day before food. Do walking and some exercises daily. Please get back after ten days following the instructions.

|