Q. I have itching inside the penis but no rash. Please advice.

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Mar 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I am having itching inside my penis since three days. When I urinate, the itching gets increased and after urination, it subsides. There is no rash. Please advice.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Is it inside the penis or on the penis head? Do you have any other symptoms like fever, slow flow of urine, or straining to pass urine? Any history of recent sexual activity?

It looks like a urinary tract infection at present. Waiting for your answers.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

It is not on the penis head. I feel more itching on the skin that covers the penis head. There are no symptoms which you have mentioned. Everything is normal except the feeling of sweet itching. I had sex with my wife 10 days back, not recently.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

It looks like a penis head skin infection with a mild urine infection.

I suggest:

1. Apply candid-B ointment (Clotrimazole and Beclometasone) on the penis head skin where you have itching. Apply twice a day for two weeks.
  2. Tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg once in the morning for five days.
  3. Just clean your penis with warm water and do not rub or apply soap.
  4. Drink plenty of water up to four liters a day.

What is the red wound present on my thighs? How to control it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have red wounds growing on my thighs. I used a Candid B cream over it. It gets reduced, and it starts in another place. Please give me a solution.  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine for inner thigh infection.

Query: Hi doctor, Due to excess sweat, I have some infection in my inner thighs. It seems like a layer of skin is out of my testes. It is paining a lot. What shall I use for relief?  Read Full »

Why do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis almost daily, but not while urinating. I did the urine test, and nothing abnormal was found in the reports except that the urine was acidic. It is happening for the past two weeks. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Ask an Andrologist Now