Q. What does a worm in the urine suggest?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

I saw this larva or a worm in my urine eight months ago when I was passing a kidney stone. Three months ago, I started to feel like an obstacle was at the end of my ureter, and I had a mild rise in my temperature with fatigue. Sometimes I think something is hurting in that area and the right side of my abdomen.

I took an ultrasound, and there were no signs of visible stones.

Please help me, doctor.

#

A worm in the urine indicates infection, and that needs treatment. Urine microscopy and urine cytology can reveal the diagnosis. Once it is confirmed, you need treatment with tablet Albendazole (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent), then everything will be cleared. But before treatment, you are requested to do urine tests which are urine cytology and urine analysis. Please follow up with results for further treatment.

Kind regards.

Thanks for your response.

The tests are to confirm the infection with worm, Larvae, or parasite, right?

#

Yes. The tests are to confirm the presence of worms before you start the treatment.

|