Q. I feel sleepy and slow during night work. How to keep myself energetic?

Dr. Suneetha B S

I work in night shift. What can I take to be alive and energetic at night during work? I feel sleepy, and I am slow during my work. Please suggest.

#

Since you are working in the night, you might be losing out the necessary sleep. So you are unable to focus entirely during work. It is essential for an adult human being to get seven to eight hours of quality sleep every day. Once you finish your job in the morning, try to have a hearty breakfast and then close the windows of your room with a dark curtain that blocks the entry of light. Request your family to keep the house quiet and try to sleep at a stretch for at least six to seven hours. It will help you unwind and relax. During the weekends, try to avoid staying out for long periods. Try to catch up the lost sleep.

Some foods that help in inducing sleep are dairy products, bananas, and almonds. To keep you awake and energetic during work, avoid eating heavy meals before and during work. Eat small meals at frequent intervals. Green tea, dark chocolate, and fruits may help you to stay awake when you feel drowsy. Please remember that the best time to sleep is the night time. Keep looking for better work opportunities, and sometime in future, you can move on to a job that lets you sleep well at night.

|