Q. I feel sleepy and slow during night work. How to keep myself energetic?

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Nov 16, 2018

I work in night shift. What can I take to be alive and energetic at night during work? I feel sleepy, and I am slow during my work. Please suggest.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

Since you are working in the night, you might be losing out the necessary sleep. So you are unable to focus entirely during work. It is essential for an adult human being to get seven to eight hours of quality sleep every day. Once you finish your job in the morning, try to have a hearty breakfast and then close the windows of your room with a dark curtain that blocks the entry of light. Request your family to keep the house quiet and try to sleep at a stretch for at least six to seven hours. It will help you unwind and relax. During the weekends, try to avoid staying out for long periods. Try to catch up the lost sleep.

Some foods that help in inducing sleep are dairy products, bananas, and almonds. To keep you awake and energetic during work, avoid eating heavy meals before and during work. Eat small meals at frequent intervals. Green tea, dark chocolate, and fruits may help you to stay awake when you feel drowsy. Please remember that the best time to sleep is the night time. Keep looking for better work opportunities, and sometime in future, you can move on to a job that lets you sleep well at night.

I poop more than four times a day. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 22. I poop four times every day. Sometime, it increases to five or six. I feel bad with this issue. Kindly provide a solution. Thanks in advance.  Read Full »

4 Ways in Which Kids Can Stay Healthy This Rainy Season

Article Overview: Rains do bring happiness and joy amongst all of us, especially among children who love to make paper boats and sail them in the water. The respite from the scorching heat brings relief to everyone. But, along with all the joy, rains also bring some health issues such as food poisoning, diarrhea, cold, cough, fever, allergies and various infections caused by various bacteria and viruses. Hence, it becomes necessary to improve the kid’s immunity and protect them from infections, especially cold, fever and diarrhea. Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Following are four ways in which kids can stay healthy this monsoon. Encourage Your Child to Drink Boiled Water It is very important for kids to consume boiled water or filtered water. If the child drinks unfiltered water, the kid is very likely to get water-borne diseases like cholera, diarrhea,and...  Read Article

What can be the reason for lack of sleep and weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 60 years old. She recently got her tests done. She is not able to sleep properly. She is unable to regain her sleep if she wakes up during the night. Can you please go through the reports and let me know what the actual problem is? I am attaching a copy of the test resul...  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now