Q. Can decrease in hemoglobin and sudden weight loss happen due to low LDL?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

I have been on Lipitor 40 mg and Trilipix 135 mg for nine months, and now my LDL is 42 dropped from 140 together with weight loss. Four months ago my hemoglobin decreased to 9.5 but had some recovery recently to 10.5. My weight at present seems to be stable at around 58 kg (height 1.62 m). I still feel energetic but sometimes worried and anxious. Are these the result of very low LDL? or Is there any relationship?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I can understand your concern. Your LDL is reduced because of medication. Your anxiety is not due to medication. Similarly, this medication also does not affect hemoglobin. So these things are not associated with this lipid-lowering drug. I hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further.

| 

Is my LDL value too low? Any problem with this? I heard the ideal LDL is around 70 and is my Hb 10.5 is ok for my age?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

#

I can understand your concern. No need to worry for low LDL level. Yes, your hemoglobin is low. It should be above 12 for your age. So start the iron tablet and iron-rich foods. I will be happy to help you further.

|