Q. I have black patches on the periphery of feet. What can it be?

Dr. Rashmi Singh
Published on Apr 05, 2016

I have skin allergy on feet. Black patches on periphery of feet. Lack of moisture in those areas causing wide open cracks and even the flesh are exposed outside. I have attached the pictures for your reference. Kindly guide. Thank you.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• Is the lesion present on both the feet? Do you have any itchy lesion anywhere else in the body? How long have you had it?
  • Judging by the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the limited history, I have come to the following conclusion.
  • Apply Halovate S (Halobetasol) cream over the affected areas at night time. Apply a good rich moisturizer during the daytime like Venusia Max.
  • Consult a dermatologist who can give you intralesional steroid injection for quicker resolution.
  • You can continue eating fish, chicken and meat. It is unrelated to the skin condition.

Follow up after 21 days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have it on both the feet. I do not have anywhere else in the body. This condition was there for more than 10 years, but recently it got aggravated. Is this condition related to some hormonal changes or organ related problems? Please clarify.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

#

• Your history concurs with lichen simplex chronicus.
  • Please keep applying the medications I have mentioned and revert back for review after 3 weeks about its improvement.

Follow up after three weeks to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can smoking cause red and black patches in the mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male, who weighs 90 kg and 6 feet tall. I have pain in my chest and dyspnea from the past four months. For the last ten days, I noticed black and red patches in my mouth. I use tobacco, so I am scared that I have cancer. The spots are present on both side in my mout...  Read Full »

How to remove the black patches and pores on cheek?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 35. I have black patches on my face and pores on the cheek. Black patches first occurred 3 years ago for the first time. How to remove them and get a fair skin? Please suggest.  Read Full »

What is the reason for recurring white spots on my genital area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had white spots on my genital area for the past one year. They are not bumps but just spots. They do not itch or smell. They are only just visible. After applying a cream such as Beclomin for prolonged periods, it goes away but once I stop, it starts to appear again.  Read Full »