Q. My period is regular, but lighter. Is that normal?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2020

Six years before, I attempted suicide by drinking phenyl. At that time, my only son was just 7 months old. Immediately, my mother-in-law took me to the hospital. I vomited a lot and have been treated well by doctors. As my son was small, after doctor's suggestion I fed my son. Also, I have asthma problem and it is hereditary. Now, I am suffering from severe headache. I am 36 now. My period is regular, but scanty. I am bleeding only for two days. I am also suffering from stomach problems like sought of hyperacidity or indigestion. I do not feel to drink water or have food. I went to the local doctor and they gave me tablets. But, the problem remains the same. I am confused. What should I do? My son is now 7 years old and he is totally depending on me. Please help me out.

#

• First of all, forget what happened at the age of 30 years. You have a beautiful life and a very good son. So, think positive. That thing does not have any relation to your present complaint.
  • Secondly, if you have asthma problem, then do have an inhalation pump with you and stay away from the things which can aggravate your symptoms.
  • Fourth, there is nothing to worry if at the age of 36, menses are regular and you bleed only for two days. So, actually your hemoglobin level increases due to that. And, there is not at all any wrong or side effect of getting less bleed during menses.
  • Fifth, for indigestion and other eating related problem, you may have gastrointestinal infection. Take a proper diet and complete your ongoing treatment. This will suffice.
  • Have a good sleep at night. Do not eat spicy or outside food. Drink boiled and cooled water.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full »

Can I have i-pill after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old girl. I had unprotected sex. My last periods was before two months and still I have not got any. Is there a chance of pregnancy? I have had i-pill twice last year in a gap of 6 months. My periods are sometimes a day or two late. But, I am really worried as I really cann...  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a General Practitioner Now