Q. I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy for about a week. What to do?

Dr. S D Sinha
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 11, 2021

About a week ago, I started feeling light-headed and dizzy in my head. I experience it, especially while I am in a sitting posture. Also, I have found some extra growth in my ribs right below the middle connecting both sides, on the right part of the rib. Please guide me.

#

Lightheadedness and dizziness could be due to many reasons. For that, we could start with a few tests:

1) Blood pressure. You could get your blood pressure checked in sitting, sleeping postures, and while standing. To rule out abnormal high blood pressure or low blood pressure.

2) Blood Investigations. Hb (hemoglobin level), CBP (complete blood picture). To rule out anemia.

Till then, I suggest you take tablet Diziron 25 mg (Cinnarizine) one tab as and when needed (not more than three tablets a day) for three days. Then, please follow up with these test reports, or after three days of this medicine and blood pressure measurement, we could decide on other tests.

Secondly, for your rib growth, please let me know if you have done specific radiological tests (X-ray) by which you confirmed this diagnosis or shown some medical doctor, or is it diagnosed on your own by touching the area.

I hope this helps you.

|