Q. At what interval should I repeat my lipid test?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

I got my lipid test done. My cholesterol was 224 and LDL was 124. After how long should I get the test again? Please guide.

#

• Usually, lipid profile has to be repeated once in every 6 months to 12 months.
  • Your low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is not that bad.
  • Do you have any other medical conditions like diabetes, heart problems, stroke and issues with veins or high blood pressure?
  • If yes, then you should be on cholesterol medication.

Revert back with the details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why was I advised to take Simvastatin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old female. My HDL is 70, LDL 207, cholesterol 288, AST 35, MPV 4.5 and monocyte auto 1.4. All my other readings in my health check are normal. My doctor has prescribed 10 mg of Simvastatin. I do not know whether I should take it or not after I read the side effects. I am ...  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

I am getting sudden chest and back pain for the past six months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain, and back pain for the past six months and feeling heavy in the mornings. Feeling like vomiting in the morning, and sometimes, sudden high pain in chest on walking.  Read Full »