Q. At what interval should I repeat my lipid test?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 24, 2021

I got my lipid test done. My cholesterol was 224 and LDL was 124. After how long should I get the test again? Please guide.

#

• Usually, lipid profile has to be repeated once in every 6 months to 12 months.
  • Your low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is not that bad.
  • Do you have any other medical conditions like diabetes, heart problems, stroke and issues with veins or high blood pressure?
  • If yes, then you should be on cholesterol medication.

Revert back with the details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|