Q. Why am I suffering from low libido and erection problems?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am a male, and I am suffering from low libido and erection problem. I am attaching my reports of free testosterone and estradiol for your advice. Kindly guide and advise. Thanks.

#

Your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) appear absolutely normal.

• Sometimes, loss of libido and erectile dysfunction are purely psychological. Destressing by talking to a psychiatrist or a psychologist helps. Yoga and meditation help as well.
  • You can try taking a break from your routine life and go for a vacation without thinking about the condition you have. I am not sure how these herbal remedies are going to be helpful. However, you can try Sildenafil citrate as in Viagra 25 mg, as and when required.
  • Hope you do not have any cardiovascular issues, as then this drug is contraindicated. Hope you do not have diabetes as well, as having diabetes causes erectile dysfunction at some point in life. Try to take Neurobion forte twice a day for 2 to 3 months.

Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

I like to masturbate, but not sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years now. I hardly feel to have sex with my wife. Sometimes, the gap will be more than a month. I masturbate almost on a daily basis and sometimes, twice or thrice in a day after watching porn. I am somehow addicted to it and not able to st...  Read Full »

Is it safe for a hypertensive patient to take Viagra?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 51 years being treated for coronary ectasia and hypertension. I am taking the following medicines now. Tablet Clopilet 75 mg, Warf 2.5 mg and Nebicard H. Can I take Viagra for erectile dysfunction?  Read Full »

What treatment can help me prolong my first session of sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male with a height of 180 cm and I weigh 83 kg. I am a father of three children. My problem is premature ejaculation. When I am having sexual intercourse, always the first round is very fast. It is just one to one and a half minutes and sometimes less than that. The...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask an Endocrinologist Now