Q. Why am I suffering from low libido and erection problems?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 03, 2021

I am a male, and I am suffering from low libido and erection problems. Currently, I am taking ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, Gokhru, and Shatavari. I am attaching my reports of free testosterone and estradiol for your reference. Kindly guide and advise. Thanks.

#

Your test reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) appear normal.

• Sometimes, loss of libido and erectile dysfunction are purely psychological. Destressing by talking to a psychiatrist or a psychologist helps. Yoga and meditation help as well.
  • You can try taking a break from your routine life and go on a vacation without thinking about your condition. I am not sure how these herbal remedies are going to be helpful. However, you can try Sildenafil citrate as in Viagra 25 mg, as and when required.
  • I hope you do not have any cardiovascular issues, as then this drug is contraindicated. I hope you do not have diabetes as well, as having diabetes causes erectile dysfunction at some point in life.
  • Try to take Neurobion forte (Vitamin B Complex with Vitamin B12) twice a day for two to three months.

I hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

For more information, consult an endocrinologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|