Q. Can you suggest some food to help my son gain weight?

Answered by Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Low Weight or Gain Weight? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My son is 16 months old. He was 2.48 kg during birth. Now, he is 9.2 kg. He is taking three to four meals per day. He is also given Enfamil formula milk. But, his weight gaining is very slow. My local pediatrician has prescribed Lysiplex suspension for two months and Calcium suspension for four months. Should we start these medicines? Can you suggest some healthy food to help him gain weight?