Q. Please help me in improving my body weight.

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I am 26 years old. My weight has been ranging between 54 kg and 55 kg for the last four years. My height is 5'8". I am taking good food, but have lean body. What I should do? Please help me to improve my body weight. I started doing masturbation by the age of 13. I used to ejaculate for at least three times a day. When I was 15 years old, I just stopped doing masturbation for two years. Later, I started doing it for at least two times a day till my 23. I have done such a great mistake to increase my memory power. I am losing my confidence to do any work because of my low weight. Please help.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• Well, I think you might be having some hormonal issue, which is the reason for your lean muscular body.
  • So, we need to check the hormonal imbalance you are having now. For that I recommend the following tests.
  1. FBS (fasting blood sugar).
  2. PPBS (postprandial blood sugar).
  3. TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
  4. Serum testosterone (free).
  5. Serum prolactin.
  • Kindly get these tests done and revert back with the reports.

Revert back with the reports to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

I have done all the tests and I am sending all the reports. Please check them.

Dr. Divakara P

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• All the reports are normal. So, there is no hormonal problem in your body. Your lean body is just due to nutritional problems.
  • It can be due to any one of the following reasons. Either your calorie intake is insufficient or your body is not able to absorb the food and nutrients that you eat.
  • In this regard, I suggest you a course of deworming tablets for worm infestation, tablet Zentel 400 mg (Albendazole) once followed by one more tablet after a week.
  • Eat high calorie foods like sweets, ice cream, meat, cheese and butter. Also, I suggest you take protein powder two teaspoons in a glass of milk two times a day.
  • Follow this advice for three months and you shall see the difference.

Revert back after three months to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|