Q. Is there any topical medicine for easy penetration into vagina?

Answered by
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Jan 06, 2018

Hi doctor,

I am just newly married. I want to know that, is it enough to send the sperm at the entrance of vagina or should I penetrate long deep into vagina and release the sperm to make my wife pregnant? Please guide us which approach is easy as well as to make sure she would be pregnant. I feel very tight insert into the hole. Is there any topical medicine for easy penetration and more erection as well? Thank you.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • Sperms have to enter deep into vagina for pregnancy to happen.
  • Initially during intercourse for newly weds, full penetration might be difficult to achieve. You just need to increase the duration of foreplay to increase lubrication and make penetration easy.
  • If still there is less lubrication despite increasing foreplay, you can apply Liquid Paraffin on penis and outside vagina. That should suffice and also you should not need extra medicines.
  • Once complete penetration is achieved, you will not need external lubricant and can stop applying Liquid Paraffin too.
  • For pregnancy to happen, you should have intercourse at least three times a week, except during menses.
  • It takes time for pregnancy to happen, sometimes up to a year or two, even when everything is normal. So, please do not get anxious or nervous if pregnancy does not happen earlier.

For further information consult a childbirth educator online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/childbirth-educator

Thank you doctor,

How to find exact hole to insert it? And how to loosen the vagina hole? I am finding it difficult to penetrate into it. Please advice.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • If you need to find the hole then there might be some problem with her vagina. Please take her to gynecologist once for examination to be sure that everything is fine.

For further information consult a childbirth educator online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/childbirth-educator

Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Related Questions & Answers

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full >>

Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon
Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel that you are experiencing an early stage of urinary infection. When you have sex, some penile secretions and semen may enter the bladder. It is a good practice to pass urine after sex. This may not need medication. Have lots of water, milk, juice, barley water or...  Read Full

How can I manage dry vagina and anxiety related to intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I have endometriosis and was under medication Endoreg 2 mg twice a day for 5 to 6 months. Since marriage, I have pain during intercourse, and anxiety related to that. I do breathing, and positive affirmation exercises to do it. Now, I want to plan a child, and the ovulation count is al...  Read Full >>

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Apply Lox 2 % jelly (Lidocaine) over penis of the male partner. It will provide lubrication for both of you, also will decrease the pain. It will not affect fertility. Use tablet Etirest (Etizolam) 0.5 mg at night (half an hour before intercourse). It will decrease anxi...  Read Full

Is it possible that I got pregnant with only foreplay and no intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods are a 28-day cycle. I was sexually intimate with a man, 15 days after my menstruation. There was no intercourse, but only foreplay, causing a lot of fluid discharge. I have not got my periods yet. Also, by mistake, I took the Regestrone 5 tablet before dinner instead o...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sameer Kumar
Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your serum beta hCG levels are 2501 mIU/mL, which clearly confirms that you are pregnant. The urine pregnancy test is negative as it is positive only eight days after your missed periods. Regest...  Read Full



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Childbirth Educator Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.