Q. What is the duration of Fertyl M and Hey Forte Plus tablet for infertility?

Dr. Aditya Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 05, 2019

I am a 30-year-old married male. Me and my wife are trying for a baby but not able to concieve. I did semen test, sperm count was 84 million, morphology 60 percent, and 40 percent viable but motility was very low five percent rapid progressive, and 10 percent slow progressive. So the doctor gave Fertyl M and Hey Forte Plus tablet (twice per day) to take every day. I am consuming for the past two and a half months and trying for a baby. How long I need to continue these tablets, and when will it be effective?

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatry Sexology
#

Usually, these medications take one sperm cycle (around two months to act). As you have already taken for two and a half months, repeat the semen analysis test to see the improvement. Further course can then be decided accordingly.

I did semen test again after taking three months medicine still motility shows low. Kindly advise shall I continue same tablets or else needs to change medicine. Please see the attached report.

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatry Sexology
#

Motility is increased from previous reports but still less. In my opinion, you shall discuss with treating doctor regarding change of medicines. CoQ LC and Addyzoa combination is one option to go with. Hope this solves your query. Feel free to ask if you have any further queries.

Can my smaller testicles get cured with HCG 5000?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. My testicles are the size of a grape and I experience low sex drive, and less sperm count. I have used some testosterone when I was about 16 years, the testes have never recovered since. I have been reading a lot and bought some HCG 5000 but I do not know how to use...  Read Full »

What are the tests urologist may order for low testosterone?

Query: Hi doctor, We are planning for a baby, but there is low sex drive. I am having sex twice in a month. I feel fatigue, stress and low energy. In my job, I am standing for almost 10 hours a day. After a routine checkup, we went to for IVF. They ordered my semen analysis and my doctor referred me to t...  Read Full »

How to increase sperm count?

Query: Hi doctor, My sperm count is low; it has dropped from 18 million to 3 million within a period of five months time. I have been diagnosed with bilateral varicocele. I have consulted three urologists. The first doctor advised me to go for ART (artificial reproductive technology) second one prescribed...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now