Q. Is it possible to restore teeth in an individual with poor oral hygiene?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

I am a concerned individual with a history of poor oral hygiene. It got significantly improved during these few years. I have a broken tooth in the back left bottom. My front tooth appears green, and they are deeply separated. Is there any way available to save my tooth?

#

The permanent solution for you is to put braces to correct the malocclusion of the teeth. So that proper cleaning can be done to have less plaque and calculus. If you cannot start braces presently, at least get your teeth cleaned by a dentist to remove all the calculus that is sticking to your front and back teeth. The decayed teeth present at the back has to be removed or appropriately filled to save it from further decay. Use warm salt water gargle to have healthy gums.

|