Q. Would it be dangerous to take Cardarine while on Nardil?

Answered by Dr. Danish Qureshi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Medicine To Lose Weight or Bupropion? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am currently on 90 mg of Nardil (Phenelzine), which has proven to be a miracle drug for me. I have found over the years that many drugs you are supposed to avoid while on MAOIs are really acceptable. For instance, in order to counteract the daytime sleepiness side effect, I am actually on a small dose of Wellbutrin (Bupropion), which is supposedly contraindicated with Nardil. But, I take it just fine with no impact on blood pressure. In fact, I have never had a hypertensive response. Over the years, my weight has increased due to the Nardil and I am looking to do something drastic about this and very soon. Specifically, I want to do a short run cycle of Cardarine (GW501516) in order to lose weight, while preserving muscle. Would it be dangerous to take this while on Nardil? By all accounts my levels of MAOI are pretty low.