Q. How to cure my irregular menstruation problem?

Dr. Tinu Philip
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 31, 2020

I have problems with my menstruation. It get started when I started going to bed late. My period is not regular for the past few months and I am thinking to get back my menstrual cycle regular. I do not get my period when I am under stress. I am thinking about whether it can be PCOS. I have acne and it got worse now. I am not taking medications right now. I tried taking Ferrous sulfate C-Folic acid and got my periods. It was not prescribed by the doctor. My friend suggested me to take these tablets to increase the blood count. But I have not gone for any check-up due to the pandemic. I hope you will help me to get back my menstrual cycle to become regular.

#

Irregular periods can occur due to many reasons. As you mentioned, changes in sleep, diet patterns, and stress factors can also cause menstrual irregularities. Before taking medicines, it is best to make lifestyle changes. Try to increase your physical activity. It would be great if you find some time for doing exercise, play a sport, or refresh your self by going walking. If not, try to do indoor activities like dancing and aerobics. You should increase the intake of iron-rich foods like dates, pomegranates, green leafy vegetables in your diet, instead of taking tablets. If you do not have better results after following these activities, it is better to consult a doctor and do further blood tests.

| 

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Can I Get Pregnant with PCOS?

Article Overview: With the right treatment and a healthy lifestyle, even women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) have high chances of getting pregnant. To know more, read the article. Read Article

Dr. Pari Bansari

PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome) is quite challenging and frustrating. Most women do not seek help until they get menstrual irregularity and have a problem in getting pregnant. The good news is, with the right treatment and healthy lifestyle, women with PCOS have high chances of getting pregnant. ...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»