Q. I have eye pain, cluster headache, and allergy to light. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having burning eye pain with a cluster headache which usually increases in the afternoon and keep increasing until bedtime. Tightly tying a cloth around my head and eyes covered gives relief.

There is a severe allergy to light. Darkness is preferred during the attack. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

You are most likely suffering from a migraine headache. Eye pain is part of the migraine complex. If you have these episodes you are advised a detailed consultation online or offline with a neurologist.

Some initial steps that may help are:

1. Follow a strict schedule for eating, sleeping, and taking rest.
  2. Avoid known stressors.
  3. Practice some meditation/ yoga/ sleep mediation for relieving stress.
  4. As soon as the pain starts, try and take rest in a place that is sound and smell neutral.
  5. I suggest taking tablet Paracetamol 650 mg and Domperidone 10 mg. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

My wife has been suffering from migraine and gastric irritation. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from a migraine. I have consulted a neurosurgeon. He has given tablets Sibelium 10 mg, Topirol 25 mg, and Serenance. But, she is unable to take food. While drinking water also she is feeling gastric irritation. She is taking Omez D and Zofran syrup before meals for ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to overcome migraine.

Query: Hi doctor, My company is putting down new carpeting. When I have been in the part of the building that has this new carpet, I get headaches, nausea, lack of concentration, tingling sensation in my fingertips and clammy hands. I have been diagnosed with migraines and some visual stimulus. Mainly flas...  Read Full »

Why am I having constant eye floaters, low back and hip pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having constant eye floaters, low back and hip pain, also my rib cage hurts. I feel depressed and anxious like never before. I cannot sleep at night. MRI of brain shows tiny flair. Radiologists are saying that it is nothing to worry about. What should I do?  Read Full »