Q. I have eye pain, cluster headache, and allergy to light. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having burning eye pain with a cluster headache which usually increases in the afternoon and keep increasing until bedtime. Tightly tying a cloth around my head and eyes covered gives relief.

There is a severe allergy to light. Darkness is preferred during the attack. Please help.

#

You are most likely suffering from a migraine headache. Eye pain is part of the migraine complex. If you have these episodes you are advised a detailed consultation online or offline with a neurologist.

Some initial steps that may help are:

1. Follow a strict schedule for eating, sleeping, and taking rest.
  2. Avoid known stressors.
  3. Practice some meditation/ yoga/ sleep mediation for relieving stress.
  4. As soon as the pain starts, try and take rest in a place that is sound and smell neutral.
  5. I suggest taking tablet Paracetamol 650 mg and Domperidone 10 mg. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|