Q. Having an odd milky after-taste in my mouth. It does not seem to go away whatever I do.

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am having an odd milky after-taste in my mouth for a couple of days now. And it does not seem to go away whatever I do.

Please give any suggestion.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• It seems like you are having an indigestion, and the motility of your gut has gone down.
  • This usually happens after eating some high fat diet like meat, cheesy food, and etc on the previous day.
  • I advise you to take citrus fruit juice like lemon juice, orange juice. 
  • Avoid meat and cheesy food for next 2 days. 
  • You can take Prokinetic medications like tablet Itopride 150mg twice daily before foods for 2 days.

Hope it helps. Consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

I am having indigestion, incomplete stool evacuation and abdomen swelling. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old male and unmarried. For the last two months, I feel some gastric problems which include incomplete evacuation of stool at morning properly, abdomen swelling, numbness in feet, low energy in legs, low hunger, food not digested properly, slight pain in right side under...  Read Full »

What is the irreversible side effect of Prucalopride and Metoclopramide?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been prescribed a medication for a gastrointestinal problem (chronic constipation - perhaps as a result of a restricted fiber diet due to slow stomach activity which was possibly caused by some damage to the vagus nerve due to a food poisoning incident but we are not sure). How...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for indigestion and intestinal worms.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male, who is in good health. I have a long history of indigestion, mostly experienced as a pressure in the throat. About ten years ago, I had a clear endoscopy, and I took Nexium for six months and cut way back on alcohol drinking, which seemed to do the trick. I had...  Read Full »