Q. I skipped my periods. Is it due to PCOD or pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 21, 2022

I am a 27-year-old female. I have a PCOD issue. My periods which were due before 17 days, were delayed. Now I have morning sickness and cannot eat something sweet. I am tired with mild crampings on the right side and sometimes in the upper and lower back. I am taking Folic acid and Thyronorm 75 mcg. I did my urine test at home yesterday. It was negative. So, kindly help me out with this.

#

The chance of pregnancy depends on when you have unprotected sex. The period may be late for many reasons, including anxiety and stress. In your case, it may be due to PCOD or a thyroid problem. If it was in the middle of the cycle, repeat urine pregnancy test after five days.

We usually have unprotected sex, and we are trying to have a baby for quite some time. The last time the doctor asked me do all the tests for PCOD everything was normal including thyroid.

#

If you are trying for pregnancy then repeat the pregnancy test after five or six days. Often the test may come negative this early. Test with morning urine.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Previously, I used to have vomitings if I skip my periods, but the vomitings would last for the whole day. But this time I just have it in the morning and fatigue. I am not expecting anything but hoping that I will b positive.

#

If you have not done blood test Prolactin then do it. If you are taking Progesterone in the second half of the cycle then it may cause vomiting.

Take more fluids and hope for the best.

Good wishes.

Thank you doctor.

#

You are most welcome.

|