Q. Is it possible to get pregnant without penetration?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

I had sex with my partner last month, after the third day of my periods. There was no intercourse and also we used condoms. My period date was 2nd of this month but did not get my period. Then I consumed Primolut N for three days thrice daily. Today is the 8th day after the last dose. I have back pain, cramps, and also abdominal pain. I also ate papaya this week. I also did a home pregnancy test but the results are negative. But I do not understand why periods are not coming. I am very tensed. Is there any chance to get pregnant? Please help.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you had sex on the third day of menses then there is no chance of pregnancy. Periods can be delayed due to stress. And even due to taking Primolut N. You need to wait for five more days. I think the period should come in these five days. Do not worry as the pregnancy test is also negative.

| 

I had sex on 3rd day when my period was over. So even is there a chance to get pregnant without penetration? Because from two-three days I am having severe back pains and cramps. I am tensed.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

#

If you had dry sex without penetration then there is no chance of pregnancy at all. If you have penetration sex and ejaculation happened during your period then also there is no chance of pregnancy because it is safe and ovulation does not happens during menstruation and at first five days after menstruation.

For pregnancy to happen ovulation and ejaculation inside the vagina are a must. If one is not there than there is no chance of pregnancy.

When no ejaculation, then there is no sperm to fertilize the ovum. And if you had sex on the first five days of the period then there is no ovum to fertilize by sperm. So no sperm and no ovum then there is no pregnancy. Do not worry.

Cramps can be the early sign of periods. You also had taken Primolut N and cramps can be due to tablets also. You had taken tablets in higher dose also. So you may need to wait for more after tablets. That is why I asked to wait for five more days for the period.

Do drink more water. Cramps may decrease.

|