Q. How to control my heavy mood swings and short-temper?

I am suffering from heavy mood swings. If something is happening against my will, I lose my patience and I am not able to tolerate this. That phase is very short like for a few minutes, but in that short phase, I threw something or grumble my teeth or utter bad words to anyone who is in front of me. After this stage is gone, I am extremely normal and start feeling guilty of my actions. I am facing this problem for the last seven to eight years. I am becoming very short-tempered. Are there any medicines which can help me to get out of this situation? I have tried yoga, meditation, but nothing helped me. Please help.

I am a software engineer with a profession. My age is 27 years. I am a sole child. My dad is no more and my mother and I stay at different places. I am a bisexual top. I have a girlfriend and a boyfriend too. Many times, I broke with my boyfriend over pitty issues which spoils the entire relationship.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I must assure you that there are multiple medications which can be used to control anger. Most of these medications stabilize your brain and help in controlling mood swings after a trivial incident. The options include Sodium valproate, Lithium carbonate, Propranolol, Topiramate, atypical antipsychotics and lot more. I need to acknowldge here that there is no universal medication for control of anger and every patient responds differently to each medication. Before selecting a medicine for an individual it is important to have complete details about the patient.

Regarding the efficacy of medications, as per my experience patients report 60-80 % reductions with different regimens and report a great improvement over a period of time.

| 

Can GERD cause increased heart rate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been waking up from a racing heart accompanied by belching at night sometimes two or 3 times a night. At times the HR has been in the 140s after I get up and belch a few times my heart rate returns to normal. I have had my heart completely checked out along with a 30 day mon...  Read Full »

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

How to overcome my mood swings and change my behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, I often feel very low, anxious, and stressed. I try diverting myself, but I still get into a trance, where I feel sad. I am afraid of losing people, and keep thinking about what they think and how they feel. Even though they are not worthy of my sorry at times, I still apologize out of ...  Read Full »