Q. How to control my heavy mood swings and short-temper?

I am suffering from heavy mood swings. If something is happening against my will, I lose my patience and I am not able to tolerate this. That phase is very short like for a few minutes, but in that short phase, I threw something or grumble my teeth or utter bad words to anyone who is in front of me. After this stage is gone, I am extremely normal and start feeling guilty of my actions. I am facing this problem for the last seven to eight years. I am becoming very short-tempered. Are there any medicines which can help me to get out of this situation? I have tried yoga, meditation, but nothing helped me. Please help.

I am a software engineer with a profession. My age is 27 years. I am a sole child. My dad is no more and my mother and I stay at different places. I am a bisexual top. I have a girlfriend and a boyfriend too. Many times, I broke with my boyfriend over pitty issues which spoils the entire relationship.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I must assure you that there are multiple medications which can be used to control anger. Most of these medications stabilize your brain and help in controlling mood swings after a trivial incident. The options include Sodium valproate, Lithium carbonate, Propranolol, Topiramate, atypical antipsychotics and lot more. I need to acknowldge here that there is no universal medication for control of anger and every patient responds differently to each medication. Before selecting a medicine for an individual it is important to have complete details about the patient.

Regarding the efficacy of medications, as per my experience patients report 60-80 % reductions with different regimens and report a great improvement over a period of time.

|