Q. I have a twitching on the right side near the diaphragm. What can it be?

Dr. Prathap
Published on Mar 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2019

I have a trembling or twitching on my side near the diaphragm, roughly around the sixth and seventh rib. It feels like a bubbling sensation, and I can feel it when I hold my fingers to the side. 

Dr. Prathap

#

• By your description, this appears like a pulsatile mass, because you can feel it with your fingers on the side.
  • It may be in the diaphragm or the lower part of the lung or the liver if it is on right side. But the incidence of such a mass at your age is very rare.
  • If you had sustained any trauma in the past, then there is a possibility of some diaphragm injury which can lead to such a complaint.
  • It can be a diaphragm eventration, but again it is not so common in your age.
  • So, to find the exact reason, you need to have some tests done.
  1. Chest x-ray.
  2. Ultrasound of chest and abdomen.
  3. Fluoroscopy to know the function of diaphragm.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. It is on my right side, and only the trembling or bubbly feeling can be felt. There is no mass or lump felt there. I think that it is not a serious issue, but I was wondering what could cause this?

Dr. Prathap

#

• Occasional trembling might not be a major issue. It might be muscle twitches, which is occasionally seen in normal individuals also.
  • I suggest you get an ultrasound of the abdomen and chest so that it will clear all doubts.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

My Bilirubin total - 2.2, Bilirubin Direct - 1.5, SGPT - 4548, SGOT - 4153

Query: Dear doctor, Here is my lab report: Bilirubin total: 2.2 Bilirubin Direct: 1.5 SGPT: 4548 SGOT: 4153 I have taken drip and injection for nausea. Now nausea has been cured. I have only abdomen pain now, and my fever has been cured before three days. Color of urine is yellow and color of stools is...  Read Full >>

Dr. Madhankumar
Family Physician, General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With these reports, the picture is like hepatitis. The cause for hepatitis has to be investigated. Further lab investigations like complete liver function test (LFT), ultrasound abdomen and viral markers are needed. Also need the date of these posted re...  Read Full

Does my chest x-ray show any nodules of concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion regarding my chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed no masses, nodules or pneumonia. I just have a very mild inflammation and an old rib injury. The doctor told me that I had heart deformities, but I already knew about those.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your x-ray reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There appears to be a mild prominence of the bronchovascular markings in both the lungs, more so in the lower lobes. This is not a serious problem and sometimes can occur without any acc...  Read Full