Q. Why is my sister having pain in head?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 22, 2019

Kindly go through the MRI report of my sister. She is experiencing pain in head. Thank you.

#

The MRI scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is of the cervical spine.

• She has a disc bulge in the cervical spine due to which there will be pain in the neck and the upper limbs. Pain in the upper limbs may or may not be associated with tingling and numbness feeling.
  • The more prominent part of her MRI which I think more symptomatic is that she has muscle spasm and due to which it can be associated with pain in the head. So, she needs the following treatment.
  1. Tablet Ultracet (Tramadol hydrochloride and Acetaminophen) in the morning and night after food for five days.
  2. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg one tablet only at night before food for five days.
  3. Tablet Pregabalin 75 mg one tablet only at night for 15 days and to be taken before food at 7 PM.
  4. Tablet Bio-D3 strong (Calcitriol) once in the morning after food for a month.
  5. Tablet ESD3 60k (Cholecalciferol vitamin D3) once a week for eight weeks.
  6. Apply Oxalgin gel (Diclofenac) for local application twice daily.
  • Take the above mentioned medicines only if you are not allergic to them. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him/her and take the medicine with consent.

Follow the guidelines given below:

1. Apply warm water fomentation or electric bag twice daily.
  2. Avoid lifting heavy weights and two wheeler rides.
  3. Avoid arching your back; instead bend your knees to pick up something from the floor.
  4. Avoid sitting for long hours. Improve your posture while sitting. Always sit on a chair with back support.
  5. Try to get up from your chair every 20 minutes and take a quick walk around and then continue working.
  6. Do not get up suddenly form a sleeping position, rather turn to the side and then get up.
  7. You will need to follow up after five days to know the progress and if better will need physiotherapy.

Revert back after five days to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|