Numbness In Feet

Can disc dislocation be the cause of pain in the lower spine area?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with a car accident three months back and have noticed my abdomen, pelvis, and lower back have been significantly worse since then. My doctor put it down to my GI issues and advised Paracetamol and Lansoprazole. I have had pain in my upper right abdomen that radiates around my side...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing to me, and I am concerned about you. After the accident, did you do any x-ray or ultrasound? Most probably, this may be happening due to disc dislocation. As you mentioned, your symptoms occurred just after the accident. So there are possibilities ...  Read Full »

Are neck pain and toe numbness after tailbone injury serious?

Query: My 12 year old daughter was walking her dog tonight at about 8pm. The dog seen a cat and pulled my daughter to the ground my daughter hit her tailbone and is now talking about having pain in her neck and toes are in and out of being numb and tingling. Is this something i should be concerned about? O...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, welcome to icliniq. there is nothing to worry about your daughter, its just minor jerk she got as she is just 12, yrs her weak muscles giving her the pain. Givet her Accelofenac+paracetamol tablet for three days or Paracetamol syrup twice a day for three days after food. Apply ice pack or Dic...  Read Full »

Why is my left foot numb?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 39 year old male. My height is 6 feet and I weigh 81 kg. Right side of my left foot is having numbness though it is not 100% numb. The left side of the foot has little pain. I get a feeling that there is some blockage in the blood flow though it might not be the case. I am a reg...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in the inner part of the left foot as your main symptom. Most commonly numbness is a manifestation of a nerve involvement, it can be compression of the nerve at an anatomical site like in back or anywhere along the course of the nerve or it ...  Read Full »

Why does my diabetic mother have a numb feeling in her lower limbs?

Query: Hi. I need your assistance. My mother is a known diabetic , however defaulted in her medication leading FBS level of 17mg/dl and causing severe weight loss and cataract . she was placed on insulin ( novomix) which she took for 2 months, however after every insulin injection she complains of severe p...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi Thanks for your query U mentioned 17 mg may be ur confused it should be 17 mmol I think. May be pain is due to the nerve which may hit accidentally during injection especially as ur telling it’s a radiating pain. It may be sharp and like an electric current If so She can take Tablet lyrica...  Read Full »

Does my wife require surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife, who is 43 years old, is feeling loss of skin sensation on the lower part of the legs. This feeling has started 4 years ago. But, it did not bother her that time. Two years ago, we consulted a neurologist and he prescribed medicines, which brought her relief. She stopped taking me...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. Our body parts undergo wear and tear as we age. This is called degeneration. This degeneration varies from person to person. Some people have degeneration in some organs...  Read Full »

How long should I take Gabapentin for tingling and numbness in feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from extreme tingling and numbness in legs for the last nine months. There are strange sensations in the legs and other parts of the body. It gets worse at night. My vitamin B12 and D levels are 438 and 44 as per my recent reports. As I had unprotected sexual exposure w...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and reviewed your uploaded tests. You have resulted positive only for HSV1, while the presence of IgG rubella and CMV means that these infections have happened in the past, but are not active. Your symptoms are suggestive of periphera...  Read Full »

I have numbness and tingling in hand, mouth and feet. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. Recently I have strange symptoms. Firstly I had numbness in my left hand then in my right hand. Then I had the same symptoms in my legs and feet. I have numbness and also tingling. Then I had headache, mouth numbness and also right face numbness. I have been checked...  Read Full »

Dr. Sri Harsha

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firsty, the complaints of tingling, numbness indicates some neuronal insufficiency which could be due to various reasons including vitamin b12 deficiency, multiple vitamins deficiency, thyroid dysfunction. I can say there is not much to worry if you have healthy die...  Read Full »

Are occasional numbness of foot and neuralgia signs of anxiety or multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing numbness in my left foot. It comes and goes sometimes throughout the day and sometimes it is completely normal. This has been happening for the past year. At night, when I lay down the back of both my calves feel like they are rhythmically pulsing only when l...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not typical of MS (multiple sclerosis). The numbness in your leg may be related to a pinched nerve. The pulsating feeling in your legs may be psychological or related to venous insufficiency. Regarding the pain in your face, it is not typical of tr...  Read Full »

Are leg pain, burning sensation and numbness in feet post fusion surgery be due to arachnoiditis?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months post fusion surgery, I am having bilateral leg pain, burning sensations in legs down to feet, and nerve-like jolts in the left leg and numbness in toes and bottom feet. Wondering possibly arachnoiditis?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spine and lower back surgery is a procedure that can have variable post operative outcomes. It is found that in approximately 40 percent of patients, the symptoms are completely relieved after surgery. In another 40 percent, the symptoms might show mild improvement. ...  Read Full »

I have numbness in my toes. Is this alcoholic neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had numbness in my toes for approximately three months. Sometimes there is a little bit of tingling along with it. It has not affected the activity or my way of life. I also have backache and a lot of degeneration in the back. I am on Levothyroxine, Rouvostatin, and Aspirin. Occ...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Neurologist, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would ask you whether your problem of numbness on feet is only restricted to the operated ankle or it is on both feet? Moreover, you seem to be drinking time almost every day be restricted slowly. Alcoholic neuropathy is bilateral, and if you have on both legs, you...  Read Full »