Numbness In Feet

I have numbness in my toes. Is this alcoholic neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had numbness in my toes for approximately three months. Sometimes there is a little bit of tingling along with it. It has not affected the activity or my way of life. I also have backache and a lot of degeneration in the back. I am on Levothyroxine, Rouvostatin, and Aspirin. Occ...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Neurologist, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would ask you whether your problem of numbness on feet is only restricted to the operated ankle or it is on both feet? Moreover, you seem to be drinking time almost every day be restricted slowly. Alcoholic neuropathy is bilateral, and if you have on both legs, you...  Read Full »

What can be done for numb and swollen feet and legs?

Query: Hello doctor, I am contacting you on behalf of my grandmother who is suffering from a number of issues and advice from her regular doctors is not coming up with a decent solution. I have asked her to write down from her point of view about the problems and here it is. Ailments are diabetic, chronic...  Read Full »

Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are stating may be due to peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes or major depression. Also, there may be associated hypothyroidism. Diabetes affects small nerves of the extremities and results in a non-specific sensory complaint like you stated. Did she ...  Read Full »

Why is my left foot numb?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 39 year old male. My height is 6 feet and I weigh 81 kg. Right side of my left foot is having numbness though it is not 100% numb. The left side of the foot has little pain. I get a feeling that there is some blockage in the blood flow though it might not be the case. I am a reg...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in the inner part of the left foot as your main symptom. Most commonly numbness is a manifestation of a nerve involvement, it can be compression of the nerve at an anatomical site like in back or anywhere along the course of the nerve or it ...  Read Full »

Why are my feet tingly?

Query: Hello doctor, Since 19 months, I have had severe problems with tingling in my feet. This started one week after a 27 km run, where I suddenly got pain in my feet and had to stop. The pain went away, but the tingling started in my left foot one week later. At first, some intermittent buzzing in the o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If NCV (nerve conduction velocity) and EMG (electromyography) had been normal, there is possibility can be: Muscle fatigue. Ligament or soft tissue injury pain. Mild neuropraxia due to some soft tissue injury, which is not evident in NCV. Radiculopathy. I would like to...  Read Full »

Why do I have numbness while playing football?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is now 17 years old. He is a football soccer apprentice¬†in a professional football team. He is generally fit and healthy. He used to train with the team for five days a week and plays a match on Saturday. For a few years, he has been experiencing his feet going numb whilst playing...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Numbness of feet especially at this level where he is playing professional football is really worrisome since numbness is usually related to the nerve compression. As your son does not report any episode of numbness during training, it indicates there is a problem only du...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness in foot and arm for the last six weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I am feeling numbness in my left foot and left arm (especially near fingers and hand area) for the last six weeks. Firstly, I just ignored it and thought it will go away with time but now I am getting confused about it and want your opinion on this. Got your medi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ardit Tela

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question carefully and I understand your concern. Before we say it is stress related (because it might be), initially we have to rule out other causes. I think that a face to face neurological assessment is warranted. A complete neurological exam will s...  Read Full »

Why is the left side of my foot numb?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. Four days ago, I started feeling numb on the side of my left foot. The feel continues and the entire portion of the left foot is numb now. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that it can be very troublesome and scary to have complete numbness in a specific area of the body. From what you have mentioned, it sounds like you do not remember any incident that brought this on. I assume this is something you noticed one day after wak...  Read Full »

A part of my foot has been numb for several days. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Part of my foot has been numb for several days but I feel fine. No pain or anything. Is this any reason for concern?  Read Full »

Dr. Philip Shenouda

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see that you need to perform the following tests to see if you have acquired diabetes and/or anemia related to vitamin B12 deficiency. In case the test results are negative and the symptoms resolve in the coming days then there is no need to worry. If the condition co...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pins and needles in both legs?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a neck fusion a few years back. I like to understand more about my MRI. I am going to start Gabapentin for nerve issues soon and also I have Crohn's disease and Lyme. Currently experiencing pins and needles in both legs. I have seen a neurologist and going to see a few surgeons t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Sorry to hear the pain and discomfort you are having and wish you a quick recovery. Please find my observations below. Your MRI scan reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that there are changes seen in t...  Read Full »

I am having numbness in hand and feet for three weeks. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having numbness in hand and feet for three weeks. Brain and cervical spine MRI came normal.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Review of the MRI scan images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Cervical spine: There is mild straightening of the cervical vertebrae. There is a likely small osteophyte in the anterior superior end plate of C5 vertebra and is not significant. The cervical...  Read Full »