Numbness In Feet

Why is my foot turning dark purple or black when it is not grounded?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 14 years old and I hurt my foot four days back due to tumbling. I was doing a flip and landed in a pothole. My foot got hurt bad and I was able to ignore it. The next day, when I stepped down I got extreme pain and I still walked with it on that day. I went to urgent care after a da...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having dysvascular changes as you have noticed the color returned back to normal when you kept the legs elevated. Foot going to sleep is a nerve pressure symptom and again regular changes in position will help it as the pressure from sitting on the bum can compr...  Read Full »

What is the reason for leg numbness in a BP patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had numbness in my left leg for four days now. I am a mild BP patient (my today reading 124/84). My fasting blood sugar is 6.3 mmol/l. I did a lipid profile test, and my cholesterol as of yesterday was 210 mg/dl. Please advise. I am currently on Amlodipine 10 mg for my mild B...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to know regarding your symptoms. Numbness of one leg occurs because of a peripheral nerve issue or a spinal nerve issue. The sugar report (HbA1c) is normal. Is there numbness on the backside of the left leg or the front side, and is it radiating? Is there any pain...  Read Full »

Why do I get numbness and burning sensation in feet, legs, and palms?

Query: Hello doctor,I have back pain due to bad posture for almost a month now. Sometimes I wake up with numbness in my feet, which clears up after I change my posture. I also noticed a burning sensation in my feet, legs, and palms for the past one month, which started as my feet being freezing, then I not...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to know regarding your symptoms. These days, maximum people will have a bad sitting posture because of the work culture and watching television or laptops or phones. It is very rare to have diabetes or any no problems at your age, since the numbness goes away ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my chest pain and numbness in feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 46 years old. I have pain in my middle chest for the last few days. I can pinpoint the pain. When I wake up in the morning, I can feel a little bit of numbness in my feet. Sometimes, I have fatigue during the day. And I do not take any medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you carry anything heavy before the pain started? Do you have a history of diabetes or stomach ulcer? Apart from the numbness and fatigue, have you noticed increased hunger or increased thirst? Does the pain radiate to other parts of your body?  Read Full »

Can Citalopram cause side effects like cold hands and feet?

Query: I'm 35 year old male, about 190lbs. I'm a computer programmer so I get little to no exercise. My hands and feet are always so cold I have to take regular showers for them to feel right. For about 3 days half of one of my big toes is going numb with a pins and needles feel occasionally. Only meds I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear, I am sorry to learn about your situation and the worries you are experiencing. Your description is consistent with two issues: 1) Cold hand and feet are often seen in patients with a state of chronic panic. Chronic panic is not a common medical term as we speak rather of anxiety. However, i...  Read Full »

Why is there a loss of concentration with the numbness of both the arms and legs?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, 20 days back, on steadily increasing loss of concentration and ability to form sentences, felt very sleepy after using the brain. He had gaps in memory, short term memory seems nonexistent, waking blackouts (walked away from work and drove home with no recollection, and found ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about the symptoms: 1. Did these symptoms happen in episodes? As you mentioned: 20 days back, then four days ago, then three days ago, then two days ago, and one day ago? or Were the symptoms persistent continuously for these 20 d...  Read Full »

What is the reason for the numbness and burning sensation in arms and feet?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past three weeks, I have been having all kinds of symptoms. For the last six months, I would get a burning sensation and numbness in my legs when I stand or sit for too long. I worked through it for a while, and then I noticed that I would get a burning sensation all over. The bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms suggest a peripheral nerve disorder (not MS, which is a central nervous system disorder). For this reason, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist for a physical examination and performing nerve conduction studies to examine your nerves. The ri...  Read Full »

Can disc dislocation be the cause of pain in the lower spine area?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with a car accident three months back and have noticed my abdomen, pelvis, and lower back have been significantly worse since then. My doctor put it down to my GI issues and advised Paracetamol and Lansoprazole. I have had pain in my upper right abdomen that radiates around my side...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing to me, and I am concerned about you. After the accident, did you do any x-ray or ultrasound? Most probably, this may be happening due to disc dislocation. As you mentioned, your symptoms occurred just after the accident. So there are possibilities ...  Read Full »

Are neck pain and toe numbness after tailbone injury serious?

Query: My 12 year old daughter was walking her dog tonight at about 8pm. The dog seen a cat and pulled my daughter to the ground my daughter hit her tailbone and is now talking about having pain in her neck and toes are in and out of being numb and tingling. Is this something i should be concerned about? O...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, welcome to icliniq. there is nothing to worry about your daughter, its just minor jerk she got as she is just 12, yrs her weak muscles giving her the pain. Givet her Accelofenac+paracetamol tablet for three days or Paracetamol syrup twice a day for three days after food. Apply ice pack or Dic...  Read Full »

Why is my left foot numb?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 39 year old male. My height is 6 feet and I weigh 81 kg. Right side of my left foot is having numbness though it is not 100% numb. The left side of the foot has little pain. I get a feeling that there is some blockage in the blood flow though it might not be the case. I am a reg...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in the inner part of the left foot as your main symptom. Most commonly numbness is a manifestation of a nerve involvement, it can be compression of the nerve at an anatomical site like in back or anywhere along the course of the nerve or it ...  Read Full »