Q. How much can the overjet be increased in a class two malocclusion being treated with compensation orthodontics?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 05, 2022 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2022

How much can the overjet be increased by decompensation of incisors inclination in a class two patient treated with compensation orthodontics? I have attached my current angles list for your reference. Please help.

#

I read your query and can understand your concern.

Overjet is usually better if it is between two to five millimeters. If you already have a five-millimeters overjet, we have to determine whether any increase is required. So, please post the pictures of your face from the front and side showing the teeth to understand better. You can increase the overjet if you allow the upper incisors to incline more by a couple of millimeters.

Please revert with the requested details. I hope this helps.

|