Q. I have cervical spondylosis, joint pain, and stiffness in the knee. Kindly help.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

I am 57 years old. My weight is 67 kg, and my height is 5 feet. I am suffering from joint pain, mainly cervical spondylosis, knee pain, pain in the feet and hands. I have severe inflammation in my feet, and stiffness in the knee. I am also suffering from severe constipation. Please help.

#

What you do, and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?

I am a homemaker and cook food daily. I exercise for one hour three days a week and walk after dinner for 45 minutes daily.

#

Well, at your age, the most probable cause of pain is osteoarthritis and mechanical pain. So you need to take care of a few things.

1. Maintain good posture. Avoid watching TV or mobile lying half on sofa or bed. Use table and chair while working on laptop or reading. Avoid prolonged sitting and sitting without support.

2. Regular walking for 45 minutes, which you are already doing.

3. Do Isometric neck exercises, quadriceps, and hamstring strengthening exercises. You can learn these exercises on the internet.

Apart from these, kindly tell me the status of your menstrual cycles.

I was doing yoga and physiotherapy exercise for 45 minutes daily for a few months. After that, I am doing 1000 calories burn workout for one hour for weight loss. I feel good about my joint problem also. But now, suddenly, my joint problem increased. Before menopause, I suffered from PCOD.

#

If you have achieved menopause, then regularly take 1 gram of Calcium daily and vitamin D3 60k once a week. After menopause, low Calcium is also one of the causes of joint pain.

|