Q. Is paleo diet recommended for PCOD?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Nov 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 22, 2019

Today I am in the 48th day of my cycle. I have PCOS. Still I did not get my periods. I took HPT on 45th day. It was negative. Tomorrow I am planning to take blood test. Currently I am taking Glycomet 500 mg. Is there any chance for positive blood test? Is HPT accurate? Suppose if I get my periods I am planning to follow paleo diet. Is paleo diet recommended for PCOD weight loss?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Chance for pregnancy depends on status of ovulation. If ovulation has occurred, normally there is 25-30% chance of pregnancy.
  • HPT (home pregnancy test) is fairly about 99% accurate in predicting pregnancy if done in 14 days after ovulation.
  • If done before that, it can give false negative result. If you ovulated late, there is a possibility of false negative result, which can be detected by blood test.
  • Any diet which reduces weight is helpful in PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome); Paleo diet is no exception to that.
  • For conception, my advice would be to consult gynecologist, if pregnancy does not happen in this cycle, for ovulation induction. It is simple and far more rewarding.

For further information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

| 

Please check my report, which I have attached for your reference. Is everything normal?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• All of your reports except FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) are normal.
  • FSH value of less than 10 mIU/mL indicates reduced ovarian reserve, which is not consistent with clinical picture.
  • My advice in this scenario will be to get one transvaginal scan (if possible) done on day two or three of menses and do one blood test AMH anti-mullerian hormone, to rule out reduced ovarian reserve.
  • Further management will depend on the results of these two tests.

| 

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »

Can ovarian stimulation for IVF be started on the fifth day of menstruation?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know if the ovarian stimulation for IVF can be started on the fifth day of the menstruation or is it too late? My doctor said I should start the medication for ovarian stimulation on the fifth day of the menstruation because of her schedule but normally I used to start...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now