Q. I noticed white strings in my stool. I hope it is not parasites. Please help.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am a 34 year old female. I noticed what looks like white strings in my stool. I am also having symptoms like abdominal cramps and pain, severe fatigue, memory issues, dizziness, and sometimes constipation. I am hoping it is not parasites. Please help.

#

• Symptoms which you have mentioned are related to two diseases, parasites or IBS.
  • To confirm if it is parasites, stool routine examination has to be done. 
  • This might be due to IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) also.
  • This condition presents with alternate constipation with or without abdominal pain, but no weight loss.
  • Management would be different in either of these conditions. 
  • If there are parasites, take tablet Mebendazole 400mg thrice a day for 3 days. 
  • If it is IBS, take Isabgula 3 spoons twice a day with curd or milk or water.
  • Get complete hemogram, Liver FunctionTests (LFT) and CRP (C-reactive protein test) done.

Revert back with the reports to a medical gatroenterologist online for further evaluation and treatment --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|