Q. My partner gets dark bleeding this month. Could this be implantation bleeding?

My partner is suspecting that she might be pregnant. We did get intimate but did not do sexual intercourse. We doubt if any sperm had gone in her vagina accidentally because I had touched her vagina with my hand, and there was no direct contact.

Also, it was her ovulation time. Two weeks after that, she started having some spotting, dark brown, and it was her usual time for periods. After some time, the bleeding started. Usually, her bleeding lasts for about five days, but this time it went only for three days, and the bleeding was less. She said the bleeding was dark red, and she fears it is implantation bleeding. What I read was implantation bleeding would either be dark brown or pinkish instead of red.

I need to figure out if this is pregnancy or just changes in her periods because she is scared to get a test. After all, it is happening before our marriage. She also said she had some vomiting sensation, breast pain, and tiredness. But I have seen this happen even in her normal periods, but the breast pain is happening for the first time. I do know the bleeding was dark red in color and not dark brown for implantation bleeding. Only the spotting was dark brown. The bleeding happened for three days out of five days. Is this normal periods or chances of pregnancy? And is this implantation bleeding? She is very stressed. Kindly advise.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I do not see any reason for your worry. I want to get to your notice that progesterone hormone is common for pregnancy and period. All the symptoms you mentioned, like breast discomfort, lower abdominal pain, nausea, etc., are due to progesterone hormone. Ladies physical or mental stress can alter hormones and interfere with ovulation. This can reduce bleeding days and the amount of bleeding. The anxiety of whether she is pregnant also can alter hormones. I would consider those three days of bleeding as periods. But to confirm, you can collect her morning sample of urine, add three drops of this urine to the pregnancy kit and wait for 30 minutes. I am sure she will be negative.

|