Q. Why am I not able to have erection during sex?

Dr. Gajanan Bhat
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am masturbating since 14 years. I used to masturbate while watching porn videos. Recently I got married, I am unable to get an erection. It has been five months now. No complete erection. Few times occasionally partial erection with early ejaculation is happening. My wife is not getting satisfied. I am very depressed. Please advice me. Does this problem remain forever?

#

It appears you had a good erection while masturbating and also during few attempts at intercourse, wherein you could penetrate your wife's vagina, which itself suggests you are normal as far as erections are concerned. You appear to be having premature ejaculation as well as decreased erection due to loss of confidence as well as anxiety due to the prior inability of performing sex. Nothing to worry, you can take tablet Tazzle 20 mg three hours prior to intercourse and initiate sex. Along with this, please take tablet Tazzle 5 mg every night, on the days when you are not doing intercourse. On the day of intercourse, skip 5 mg tablet and take only 20 mg tablet. Please note, there will be some headache as well as body ache initially as a side effect, but disappears on regular use. Please let me know after one month.

Thank you so much. I am very impressed with your answer. As you said, I get an erection at very starting of sex, but very soon it gets flaccid. After that until and unless I imagine some scenes of porn, I am unable to get an erection. It is disgusting to me. As you suggested above, If I use to take above medication, will I get habituated such that until and unless I take medication I cannot get an erection? In the future, can I perform normal sex with good erection and without having any medications?

#

Nice to see you back.

Basically, your erections are good and you just need confidence. Once you yourself see that your erections are normal following medicine intake, your confidence returns and you will have natural erections without medication following that. So, do not worry about habit formation with medication. You can go ahead with medications.

As far as a satisfaction to your wife is concerned, once you start performing sex properly, she will get satisfaction and the anxiety of performance will go, thus helping you to perform better.

I am a researcher and have presented my paper on orgasm in females this year. Intercourse alone does not help in orgasm in a woman. There are more than mere sex between husband and wife. So just do not worry. Enjoy with confidence.

|