Q. My right eye is red and puffy after wearing contact lenses under light. Why?

Answered by Dr. Souhad and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Puffy Eyes or Contact Lens? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My right eye is red and puffy. It hurts when I blink by the top of my iris. It also tears up a lot when it hurts, and when under the light. I use contact lenses that I can use for a week straight, and it started on day three. When it started, it only hurt when I blinked, and the eye would tear up a bit, the next day it was red, puffy and it reacted to light. I immediately removed the contact lenses. What is wrong with my right eye?