Q. Does Rabipure vaccine require booster vaccination every year?

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

I got dog bite before 17 days, and the wounds are categorized as a category -II. Within an hour, I got a Rabipure vaccine and TT at the hip area. However, the next day morning, one more dose of Rabivax has been given in the shoulder and continued the schedule from the second day. My doubts are,

1) Will there be any side effect due to the extra dose given within 24 hours?

2) Will, it make any difference in giving, first-day Rabipure and subsequently Rabivax?

3) Is there any food restriction after a dog bite?

4) Do I require booster vaccination every year?

#

Yes, there is no problem in injecting two dosages within 24 hours. Usually, the first, two shots are given after one another. Apart from that Tetanus toxoid is must that you have taken. It is not the case that the vaccine is ineffective. This is the usual protocol that is followed for safety concerns. Overall, five shots are given within one month. You do not worry but follow your physician. There is no restriction on foods provided as you are fine with your stomach. However, you should avoid intoxicated drinks like alcohol and other things.

Vaccination is recommended for high-risk cases. You can get vaccinated that is for safety after year, and it is recommended in case of risks. Rest do not worry as the majority of the times dogs are not rabid, and you might be aware of that.

|