Q. Raise in troponin level has high chance of mortality. Is that true?

Answered by Dr. Amit Arora and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Raised Troponin Level or Omega Fatty Acids? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Six months back, I had an echocardiogram and a CT angiogram. My initial troponin T level was 0.44. After six hours it dropped back down to below 0.10. My test results from the CT angiogram were normal and the calcium level was 0. My echo was also normal. I wore a monitor for seven days and that too normal. I have read that because of my troponin raise I have a high chance of mortality within 1-3 years. My GP could not explain why my troponin was raised.

I did have an agoraphobic panic attack. At that time I feel some pain travels from my heart down my arm to my thumb like a lightening bolt. This is the reason why I went to hospital and they kept me in due to the raised 0.44 level. They gave me the reports of CT angiogram and echo. Am I at risk of dying in the next 1-3 years because of elevated troponin? I have had heart attack symptoms such as intermittent central chest pain, bilateral arm pain, shortness of breath, palpitations, back ache, fast heart beat at 110 beats at resting and jaw pain for over six months. I am also suffering from nausea, IBS, gastritis (endoscopy diagnosed), severe fatigue, dizziness, possible costochondritis due to rib pain and intermittent pain when breathing. GTN spray helps by easing the pain but not to get rid off it.