Q. I have painless spots on the penis and some white spots under the tongue. Is that HPV?

I have recently noticed a few spots, bumps on my penis, and concerned about what they might be. They are not painful or itchy nor filled with any liquid. So I do not think they are blisters. I have also noticed two white spots under my tongue that are sore to the touch. I assumed they were canker sores. But I do know they could be HPV and linked to the marks on my penis. I would love some assistance in finding out what they are.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is clear that these are not normal lesions. The possibility of infective lesions is high as the lesion on the penis clearly shows erythematous changes and some signs of inflammation around the lesion.

Unfortunately, the image under the tongue area is not that clear, and it is difficult to correlate both images at this stage.

For better clarification, you are requested to provide the following details.

Are you sexually active? Over the last three months, have you ever had sexual contact without any protection? If yes, please tell me the dates of such exposure. Have you ever had sex other than a regular partner in the last three months? Have you ever had vigorous sex in the previous two weeks, painful enough to get noticed by you or your partner? Do you have a fever? Do you have inguinal node enlargement or pain (at fold between thigh and abdomen there are some glands, try to feel them if possible)?

Please reply to assist you further.

I am sexually active and had two sexual partners this last year. I did have unprotected sex about three weeks ago. For the last three months, I had sex only with a single partner. No vigorous sex in the last two weeks. I do not have a fever. I am not feeling any pain in the inguinal node.

I have noticed a non-itchy rash on my abdomen and back that is a small round red spot. They are not itchy, but in doing some research, I thought it might be syphilis in its second stage?

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

With the appearance of widespread rash and history of unprotected sex, it is almost clear that we are dealing with sexually transmitted infections, and it is important to get tested without delay.

Syphilis is the first possibility as you have crossed a minimum of two weeks criteria for the appearance of syphilis lesions. Besides, the presence of a bump on the penis that too without any pain and itching favors the possibility of syphilis. Simultaneously, the appearance of rash indicates generalized infection, which is more common with the advanced stage of syphilis.

The possibility of herpes is also there, but the absence of pain and fluid-filled lesions at this stage forces us to think about other options or wait for a few more days. Lack of vigorous sex eliminates the possibility of traumatic lesions, and infections remain the only possible cause for this stage.

Having said this, I recommend you to contact local health services for proper testing and treatment. At the same time, you are requested to avoid unprotected sex as pleasure cannot be continued at the cost of health.

|