Q. What can be done for the peeling of the skin and red spots on the penis?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I noticed some infection on my penis two days back. The skin is peeling out, and there are little red spots on the head of the penis. There is no itching or irritation. I am sexually active. I am currently taking tablet Nexito 5 mg. Kindly suggest a solution for the same.

Thanks.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern.

A proper evaluation can be done if you share the following information,

1. Did you come in contact with any irritant chemical?
  2. Did you use any harsh soap?
  3. Do you have a latex allergy?
  4. Did you use any scented moisturizer?
  5. Did you use any lubricant?
  6. Was there any rough handling of the penis?
  7. Was there any excessive scratching and rubbing of the penis?
  8. Do you follow proper genital hygiene?
  9. Did the itching aggravate during the night?
  10. Do you have any history of recurrent balanitis?

Please attach a clinical picture for proper evaluation.

Thank you for the reply.

I follow proper genital hygiene. I do not use harsh soap. There are no episodes of excessive scratching or rubbing of the penis. I do not have any allergies. There was no contact with chemicals.

Thanks.

#

By evaluating the findings, it is a superficial fungal infection with allergic balanitis. I suggest,

1. Apply Clotrimazole cream(Candid cream) twice daily in morning and night for three weeks.
  2. Apply Miconazole cream in evening for three weeks.
  3. Wash genitals daily with Episoft cleanser or no soap cleanser or Cetaphil cleanser for one month.
  4. Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a week (say on every Wednesday) for three weeks.
  5. Tablet Teczine M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) once at night after food for seven days.
  6. Keep a check on blood sugar levels.

Keep the area clean and dry. Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions. Avoid occlusion or friction. Pat dry the area after washing. Wear loose, comfortable cotton inner wears. Maintain proper hygiene. Avoid harsh soaps, fragrance containing lotion or moisturizers, and lubricants. Follow up after three weeks.

|