Q. I could not bear the separation of my boyfriend. Please help.

Dr. Sathya Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 27, 2020

My boyfriend left me a year before. He got married now. But, I have been dying day by day for his love. Still, I love him a lot. Please help me.

#

• From what you are describing, it appears that he left you and it is irreversible. Many things in life are irreversible such as death, separation and so on.
  • One must learn to let go and accept the loss. The more we try to hold on, the more it hurts.
  • It may seem difficult to let go, but trust me as that is the most logical thing to do right now.
  • Discuss your pain with a trusted friend or a relative. Go out and meet friends. Strengthen your existing friendships and make new friends. Spend more time on your hobbies.
  • These alternative relationships will swell and fill the void left by him. After some time you will feel much better.
  • Remember that you lived happily before you met him also. You never know what life has in store for you. May be there is something more beautiful that is going to happen.
  • Try these techniques and if you are still having problems, medicines can be started that will definitely improve how you are feeling. Take care.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

I am stressed with my inability and erection problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for four years now and have a 2.5 year old kid. The problem is that I hardly ever feel to have sex with my wife. I started noticing this issue after a couple of weeks into the marriage. I get an erection at the initial stage, but cannot sustain the ...  Read Full »

Stress

Article Overview: Stress is the body’s normal response to any stimuli. It is the feeling of emotional or physical tension. Everybody gets stressed at some point in their life, which is rational and also helpful to perform under pressure. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

What Is Stress? Stress is the body’s normal response to any stimuli. It is the feeling of emotional or physical tension. Everybody gets stressed at some point in their life, which is rational and also helpful to perform under pressure. But, prolonged periods of stress is not good and might ha...  Read Article

How can I reduce my depression?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymo...  Read Full »