Q. What is the reason for thinking the broken relationship for more than two or three years?

Dr. Ruhi Satija

I am curious about why we go back to ex relation again and again even after two to three years of breakup and more than a year of total detachment? I know that relation did not work for me, and maybe I had nothing more to give to or get from that relation. I do not want to get back in that again and all the way I blocked myself.

But still kind of thoughts follow me again and again, and I feel I cannot grow because of that, or maybe that is not the reason, but still, I think about and feel sad and old why I am feeling like still moving around old-time and searching though I do not want to get back that time. I know everything, and everyone has changed with time. Please advice.

#

There are two possible reasons,

1. Familiarity mind always tends to cling to familiar things which makes it comfortable. Fear of unknown makes the mind choose what is known, even if it is wrong.

2. Lack of a better opportunity, maybe you have not found someone better as of now, so because you crave the belongingness, it is like something is better than nothing.

Have patience, think it through. If there is something, you can work on and mend the relationship, it is good, if there is no scope, keep yourself busy and occupied. Give your mind something better to think.

| 

Counseling for Newlyweds

Article Overview: Do not wait until you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more. Read Article

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off. Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting married. Howev...  Read Article

I am depressed for past two years and getting suicidal thoughts. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old female. I am depressed for the past two years and unable to forget my fiance who recently got married eight months back but still, I am suffering from the memories. I am severely depressed, do not sleep. I am getting suicidal thoughts for my rejection and was taking ...  Read Full »

I am stressed with my inability and erection problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for four years now and have a 2.5 year old kid. The problem is that I hardly ever feel to have sex with my wife. I started noticing this issue after a couple of weeks into the marriage. I get an erection at the initial stage, but cannot sustain the ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»