Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I would like to avoid conflicts with my fiance. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am a 28-year-old woman staying with my fiance in a live-in relationship. He is practical, and every parent would love to have him as a son. He is the one I can go to for the suggestion because I feel he will give me a better solution and he is perfect.

He has a lot of friends where ever he goes, and I have a few. I feel lonely when he is not around me. So, we are getting married soon, and he is having his bachelor party, whereas I will not be having it as I hardly have any good friends. I am depressed as I know that in those days, I will be lonely again and that fear is creating a problem in our relationship. Thus we fight too. I do not know what to do. Please help.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry


Welcome to

It is common to see one partner being outgoing and having lots of friends while the other has a limited social circle. The best way to minimize conflicts in a relationship is to be open and talk regularly to prevent the development of any deep-seated resentments. Have a honest discussion with your fiance about how you feel. Talk when both of you are calm, avoid discussing these during heated arguments as it will not be helpful.

It is important to give some space, even in close relationships. Both of you will find it beneficial to spend time with family and friends regularly. Try to gradually develop your friendship circle so that you do not feel lonely. It may take some time and effort, but can be managed eventually. Utilize opportunities to attend social events, birthday parties, weddings, etc., to expand your social network.

Develop some interesting hobbies to keep you occupied. Even reading books will be helpful. If you prefer the company of animals, try getting a pet dog or cat. If problems persist in your relationship, you can seek counseling.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Work-Related Anxiety
I am stressed with my inability and erection problem. Please help.
Why is there social phobia, insecurity, anger, and loneliness?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What can be done for daydreaming, loneliness, and lack of concentration?

Query: Hello doctor,I have never consulted a psychiatrist before, but according to what I have observed about myself, maybe I am suffering from maladaptive daydreaming, loneliness, lack of concentration as well as maybe depression. This is the peak time for me to make my career. I only have two years left ...  Read Full »

How to cope with breakup after long term relationship?

Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. It was a relationship of five years. Even today, I am not able to forget her. I keep thinking about her. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I feel lonely. What do I do?  Read Full »

I am depressed due to failure in my exams and I feel lonely always. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have failed twice in my exams. I am feeling pushed out of my own home because there is a lack of peace. I weep secretly and daily whenever I think of my future, and it all looks bleak. I am a lonely person, and my enemies are many around me, including my own younger brother. Every ti...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»
I have redness in my eyes. How to stop it from getting redder?
Hello doctor,I am a 16-year-old boy. I have a problem with my eyes, and I had this problem for a very long time. I do no...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.