Q. I have a small penis of 3. 5 inches. Will it affect my sexual life?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 27, 2020

I am 25 years old. I have a small penis (size about 3.5 inches after erection) and night falls five to seven times in a month. My height is 168 cm and weighs about 59 kg. I am unmarried, doing shift duty. I sleep usually six to eight hours a day. I have not taken any medical treatment for this problem.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns. From the mentioned parameters there is nothing normal other than night fall which is five to seven times per month.

Regarding night falls, I like to inform you that this is a natural process. Our body keeps on producing sperms irrespective of our sexual activity. If the sperm get the way of outside by either sexual intercourse or masturbation then the problem is less likely to occur. If somebody is not sexually active and not doing masturbation to release these sperm they get discharged automatically. This is a kind of overflow. This is more likely to occur when we have a lot of sexual fantasies and get dreams of sex or some other activity with beautiful girls. The current night fall is may be all these things. Either you are not sexually active or not doing masturbation or getting dreams of sex or a combination of all these. In regard to medical perspective, there is nothing abnormal with this but in my view, you need to get an appropriate partner for you. It happens to almost everybody when they are not sexually active for a couple of days or weeks.

Regarding your small size penis, I would like to inform you that the average size of penis across the globe is three to five inches while erect. Presence of 3.5 inch size of penis is also absolutely normal and there is nothing to worry about this. Do not go for porn movies and old stories where a large penis is depicted as manhood capability. Even in the literature the girth of the penis is given more importance than length. I will explain why the size does not matter.

The normal size of female vagina is about six to seven inches and out of this only outer one third is sensitive. So I mean to say that a man who is able to stimulate outer one third of vagina is equal in sexual pleasure to the one who is able to stimulate full length. To stimulate one-third of female vagina a man need just three-inch penis and nothing more. Fortunately, you have much bigger than the minimum size of penis and you can satisfy any women who have normal size vagina.

Other than this the sexual pleasure depends on the other factors like your age, lust, attraction to the partner, your stress level to name a few. The most important factor in sexual satisfaction is foreplay which takes place before true intercourse. If you can devote sufficient time to it you are a man in true sense.

| 

My small penis creates an inferiority complex when using public toilets. Help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I am married and have a child. But, my penis is small. It is 2 inches in the normal stage and 4.2 inches during erection. I do not have any sexual issue. I have a good erection and my wife is getting an orgasm. But, the issue is I cannot use the public toile...  Read Full »

What is the recommended dose of Mirtazapine for treating anxiety and social phobia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and social phobia. I consulted my psychiatrist to use either Citalopram or Mirtazapine. I doubt to take Citalopram because I know this causes sexual side effects more often than Mirtazapine does. However, regarding Mirtazapine, I read various things online ...  Read Full »

Can a vibrator damage and shrink my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I used a vibrator on my penis for 30 to 40 minutes and the result is that the hardness of my penis is gone and the length reduced a lot. Now, I am unable to have sex with my partner. Can you tell me any medicine for recovering from this situation and make my penis as it was before?  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now