Q. Can you suggest few measures to increase the size of my vaginal opening?

Answered by
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 06, 2018

Hi doctor,

I am 23 years old. I got married before two years. I still have pain while having sex. My husband says vaginal opening is too small hence it is painful for him too. We are badly in need of a baby now. Please suggest some measures to increase the size of my vaginal opening. Thank you.



Welcome to

Usually small vaginal opening happens due to dryness of vagina or if you are not fully excited. So, vagina is not dilated and there will be less mucus secretion, which will ultimately cause painful sex (dyspareunia).

Follow the following few things regularly, which will definitely help you:

  • Do sex, when both are mentally prepared for it, and do not do it as a duty.
  • Watch porn, do naughty talks, wear attractive clothes, take bath and keep room cool. All these things will help you both in excitation.
  • Can start with fingers, one finger, then two , then insert penis. keep penis inside vagina for few seconds before making strokes. It will cause less pain.
  • Ask your partner to use lubricant (KY lubricating sterile jelly). Sometimes vaginal infection also can cause pain.
  • You and your partner take tablet Zocon T kit (combination of Fluconazole and Tinidazole) to prevent infection.

For further queries consult a sexologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Can PCOS cause vaginal dryness?

Firstly, use the topical Estrogen ... Although there are multiple reasons for vaginal dryness, the most common among them is deficiency of estrogen, a female hormone...   Read full

Why am I not able to insert my penis into the vagina?

.. you take tablet Dejac-T (Tadalafil and Dapoxetine) one tablet one hour before intercourse. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines. Also, apply KY jelly on your penis just before intercour...   Read full

I am on birth control and have pain while having sex. Is anything wrong with me?

You did not give the previous history of sexually transmitted diseases ... If there is a history of STD (sexually transmitted disease) or vaginosis or candidal infection, it is more likely due to pelvic infection, which needs appropriate treatment .....   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»
Nighttime Skin Routine for Clear Skin
A skin that gets all the attention during the day requires a chance to repair, rejuvenate and replenish from day damage ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.