Q. Why did my stool appear messy only on Sunday?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I am always having stomach pain. Every Sunday my stool is extremely messy. But, it happens only on Sunday? What is the reason? I admit that I do not eat right. But, why is it always on the same day? Currently, I am on anti-anxiety medication. Please help.

#

I understood that you have constant mild stomach pain and your stool is messy on Sundays.

• Constant pain could be due to gastritis and messy stool is due to bad eating habits. Observe your diet on Saturdays as that could be the reason for messy stool particularly on Sundays.
  • I would suggest you to avoid fatty and spicy foods, cold drinks, bakery items, alcohol and smoking. Increase fiber in your diet. Take fresh fruit juices and drink plenty of water. Avoid stress.
  • I would suggest you to take gastric acid suppressant Omeprazole half an hour before breakfast for 10 days.
  • Try these lifestyle modifications for 15 days and see if there is a change.
  • If the symptoms persist then some investigation would need to be done to pinpoint specific pathology.

Revert back after 15 days to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Related Video

Can Omeprazole be used for gastritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have suffered from gastritis-like symptoms for about a week now. I have an occasional mild tummy ache and nausea which is relieved by belching. I have suffered from acute gastritis now for several years, although I cannot be 100 % certain why. I tested positive for the h. pylori bacteri...  Read Full »

Would fundoplication help gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full »

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full »