Q. How to manage stress and focus on studies?

Dr. Aneel Kumar
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

How to manage stress? It has been tough to focus on studies and having sleepless nights. Please suggest me with some good tips and medicine.

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Psychiatry
#

Stress has two forms,

1. Eustress, which is normal in which performance increases like in exams, tasks, and future plannings.

2. The distress which is not normal when performance decreases because we expect a lot, and we regret a lot for past and worry a lot about the future.

All are not under our control so accept the things as they are and now try to figure out what are the triggering factors of your stress and understand them can you control them if not so stop worrying and start living in the moment. Say stop to these worrying thoughts and do not expect the results of your actions and give your best in all actives, and have good daily living habits, like good sleep (search sleep hygiene tips), healthy diet, daily walk, socialize and do not regret, do not react on other's opinions, and do not worry about others.

What could be the reason for my dizziness and increased blood pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, I experienced dizziness as from this morning. Later in the noon, I felt as if my head is spinning and could not focus properly. I felt that my hands became numb and fingertips turning blue. I went to a pharmacy sweating on my forehead. They took my blood pressure and it was 142/103 mmHg. ...  Read Full »

Why is there a skin discoloration in my back?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with cervical dystonia, a chronic neck disorder for most of my adult life. It is extremely debilitating and treatment resistant. The onset was after car accidents, stress and substance abuse at age from 19 to 21. I am no longer smoke or drink and have stopped before ...  Read Full »

Why does my 14 year old daughter get angry over small issues?

Query: Hi doctor,My 14 year old daughter has some problems. She is unable to focus on studies, and she replies people without hearing them properly. She gets angry on small issues, and she is addicted to her smartphone. If we take it from her, then she becomes angry. On getting angry, she throws whatever s...  Read Full »