Q. Can Renflexis cause ankle swelling?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 14, 2019

I am 61 years old. I have some weird swelling on my left ankle, and I took photos of it to send to my son. He is worried it is related to a Renflexis infusion I had last week. I have had RA since I was 39.

#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

The edema due to renflexis is an uncommon side effect. If you have leg edema, then it is advisable to investigate as follow.

1. Serum protein estimation to rule out hypoproteinemia.

2. Sgpt (serum glutamate-pyruvate transaminase) to exclude liver disease.

3. Urea, creatinine estimation to rule out kidney disease.

4. Serum TSH estimation to rule out hypothyroidism.

Echocardiography to exclude cardiac cause and finally local ankle joint X-ray if needed. If edema leg more than diuretic like Furosemide can be prescribed after consultation with your doctor. I suggest you consult nearby physician for a detailed discussion of all these. I hope I have answered your question.

|