Q. Can Renflexis cause ankle swelling?

Published on Jun 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 14, 2019

I am 61 years old. I have some weird swelling on my left ankle, and I took photos of it to send to my son. He is worried it is related to a Renflexis infusion I had last week. I have had RA since I was 39.

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

The edema due to renflexis is an uncommon side effect. If you have leg edema, then it is advisable to investigate as follow.

1. Serum protein estimation to rule out hypoproteinemia.

2. Sgpt (serum glutamate-pyruvate transaminase) to exclude liver disease.

3. Urea, creatinine estimation to rule out kidney disease.

4. Serum TSH estimation to rule out hypothyroidism.

Echocardiography to exclude cardiac cause and finally local ankle joint X-ray if needed. If edema leg more than diuretic like Furosemide can be prescribed after consultation with your doctor. I suggest you consult nearby physician for a detailed discussion of all these. I hope I have answered your question.

| 

I need a second opinion regarding my MRI ankle reports.

Query: Hello doctor, Almost two months back, I twisted my ankle around ninety degrees inward. It caused my ankle to pop very loudly and I had to limp for several minutes. It instantly began to swell and within 10 minutes it was three times the normal size. Within three days, the swelling spread and my enti...  Read Full »

Swollen ankles in lower feet with stretchy and tight skin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom has swollen ankles in her lower feet. The skin is stretchy and tight. When you touch it, it is warm. Does she have edema?  Read Full »

What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I have swelling on ankles, elbows and some fingers along with deformity in right wrist. Currently, I am taking ayurvedic medication. I need consultation.  Read Full »