Q. What is the reason for increase in resting heart rate?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Published on Dec 23, 2015 and last reviewed on: Mar 11, 2019

I am 25 years old. My resting heart rate is above 100. What is the reason?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have worked through your query and understand your health issues. I assure you not worry as you have consulted the appropriate expert physician who will take care of all of your medical concerns.

The reasons for tachycardia are as follows.

1. Thyroid disease.
  2. Poor blood supply to the heart muscle. This may be due to coronary artery disease (atherosclerosis), heart valve disease, heart failure, heart muscle disease, tumors, or infections.
  3. High blood pressure.
  4. Lung diseases.
  5. Electrolyte imbalance.
  6. Alcohol or drug abuse.
  7. Emotional stress.
  8. Drinking large amounts of alcoholic or caffeinated beverages, sodas, coffee, tea, and energy drinks.

If you have any other symptoms like shortness of breath, dizziness, weakness, fainting, etc., then consult a cardiologist for proper physical evaluation and treatment if needed.

He may also prescribe some medicine to control heartbeat and blood pressure.

Also, there are ways to treat tachycardia with home remedies.

Heart Healthy Foods

Article Overview: There are millions of people across the globe who suffer from various heart ailments like atherosclerosis, ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, coronary heart disease, and stroke. According to the American Public Health Association, a majority of the heart ailments are caused due to a faulty diet and lifestyle pattern owing to today’s sedentary lifestyle. People are so busy and stressful these days that they do not get enough time to exercise and even prepare a healthy meal and end up consuming junk bought from outside which is very palatable and sadly hazardous to health too. Read Article

Here are some of the reasons listed for the causes of various heart diseases. Consumption of Foods High in Bad Cholesterol Bad cholesterol is one which is rich in saturated fats and contains trans fat. Sources of trans fat include butter, ghee, margarine, lard, milk solids, etc. Trans fat is found...  Read Article

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, it seems like fibromyalgia with anxiety. Whenever we are anxious, our autonomic nervous system plays a role, and hence increases the blood flow to various organs by pumping more blood at higher rates, and thus heartbeats can be felt by us. Also,...  Read Full

I have high blood pressure and feel chest pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I feel pain on the left side of my chest. I have no sugar but high blood pressure. My age is 50 years. I am 67 inches in height and my weight is 78 kg.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to gastroesophageal reflux or muscle pain. I recommend taking an antacid and Acetaminophen. If the pain persists, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam and some tests as follows: Resting ECG a...  Read Full