Q. Cialis for ED is not working recently. Why?

Dr. Devendra

I have been using Cialis for years with great results but recently it is not working well. What could cause this?

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

Tadalafil has no known interaction with the drugs you have mentioned but Magnesium must be taken two to three hours apart from the drug to prevent decreased absorption.

Do you have morning erections? Is it situational difficulty or on all occasions? On a scale of 10, how do you rate previous and present erections? Any recent stressor? For how long are you having the issue? Any other comorbidities? Smoking?

| 

Thak you doctor,

I have pretty frequent strong morning erections. No smoking, no drinking, exercise daily, and good diet. Cialis worked great for a long time, ten years, then just stopped working over the past month or so. 20 mg does nothing now. Should I up the dose? How much can I safely take?

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

You appear to be having a good healthy lifestyle. For such a long duration of treatment, it appears that you take Tadalafil on-demand (not daily).

For this, I suggest two options:

1. Take 5 mg Tadalafil daily and 10 mg Tadalafil a few hours before expected sexual intercourse.

2. Suppose sexual intercourse is expected in the night take 10 mg in the afternoon and 10 mg in the evening (Tadalafil some times do not act if taken within two hours of sexual activity).

Your good morning erections are an indication that your erection mechanism is normal and need only some help by drugs. Is the present Coronavirus pandemic playing on your mind? Or any other recent stressor, job related, partner related?

You need to get serum testosterone and counseling by sex therapist (Not urgent to get these now if restrictions in place due to Coronavirus outbreak).

| 

Shall I take Tadalafil tablet to maintain erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years of age weighing 76 kg and my height is 5 feet 6 inches. I am unable to maintain erection. I have been experiencing this since a year. Prior to that, it was all fine and great. I have not had any other health issue and my BP, sugar levels, cholesterol are all normal. I e...  Read Full »

Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Population

Article Overview: Erectile dysfunction is a condition when the person is not able to achieve or maintain an erection adequately to have intercourse. It is common in diabetes patients. Diabetics are at a higher risk (three times more likely) of developing erectile dysfunction compared to non-diabetic people. At least half the diabetics develop erectile dysfunction and the risk increases with age. So, why does erectile dysfunction happen? Why does diabetes lead to impotence? Here we discuss why. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal
Diabetologist

Erectile dysfunction is a condition when the person is not able to achieve or maintain an erection adequately to have intercourse. It is common in diabetics. People with diabetes are not only at a higher risk (three times more likely compared to nondiabetic people) of developing erectile dysfunction...  Read Article

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full »