Q. I have pain in my right testicle after masturbation which varies with posture. Please help.

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

I have pain in my right testicle after masturbation. The pain increased when I lie down straight or towards my right side, and it decreases when I lie towards my left side. I went to the doctor the next day. He examined my testicle and advised an ultrasound scan. Everything was normal, and they even checked for kidney stones. Everything was fine. I do not have any burning sensation while urinating. So the doctor recommended me some muscle relaxants, and my chemist told me to wear "v" shaped underwear. I used to wear "w" shaped ones earlier. Now I have some relief from the pain in my right testicle but my left testicle pains a bit when I touch it at the bottom. Can it be due to the change of the underwear shape? And I do not feel like eating something, and whatever I eat, I vomit after it. Please help.

#

Testicular pain can be annoying, and sometimes pain is also difficult to diagnose, especially in your case with a normal ultrasound report. However, the diagnosis of varicocele does match your symptoms. Sometimes varicocele diagnosis is difficult with the usual scrotal ultrasound; therefore, I request you to get your scrotum checked for varicocele. Masturbation causes congestion and leads to engorgement of the testicular veins with blood, and causes pain.

I recommend you to go for a testicular ultrasound to look for varicocele. Secondly, you can use Celecoxib 200 mg once daily for 30 days. Please follow up further. If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards.

|