Q. Having pain in my scrotum after having sex or cycling for long. Can you suggest any treatments?

Dr. Shahil Khant

I am a 33 year old married man, and I was hit by a cricket ball on my scrotum while playing cricket two years ago. I consulted a doctor, and he told me that there is nothing to worry after seeing no swelling. The sensitive pain lasted for 10 days, after which it vanished. But after few months, I experienced pain after cycling for 10 km. I experienced the same kind of pain again a few times after cycling. So, I went to the doctor again, who suspected it to be a varicocele. He asked me to get a scrotum scan. After seeing the results, he said that there is nothing to worry. I have attached the report. I have pain after having sex for the second or third time during a day, which started after the scrotum injury. Please help. Thank you.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You do not have any physical problems, as your ultrasound scrotum is normal. You have idiopathic testicular pain. It happens after heavy gym exercise or in your case cycling.
  • There are no specific treatments as there is no physical cause seen. The treatment will be conservative in your case. I suggest doing pelvic floor stretching exercises or yoga.
  • Wear proper underwear, which gives support to testis while cycling. The testis should not hang loosely.

Thanks.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|