Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Having pain in my scrotum after having sex or cycling for long. Can you suggest any treatments?

Answered by
Dr. Shahil Khant
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am a 33 year old married man, and I was hit by a cricket ball on my scrotum while playing cricket two years ago. I consulted a doctor, and he told me that there is nothing to worry after seeing no swelling. The sensitive pain lasted for 10 days, after which it vanished. But after few months, I experienced pain after cycling for 10 km. I experienced the same kind of pain again a few times after cycling. So, I went to the doctor again, who suspected it to be a varicocele. He asked me to get a scrotum scan. After seeing the results, he said that there is nothing to worry. I have attached the report. I have pain after having sex for the second or third time during a day, which started after the scrotum injury. Please help. Thank you.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome to

I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • You do not have any physical problems, as your ultrasound scrotum is normal. You have idiopathic testicular pain. It happens after heavy gym exercise or in your case cycling.
  • There are no specific treatments as there is no physical cause seen. The treatment will be conservative in your case. I suggest doing pelvic floor stretching exercises or yoga.
  • Wear proper underwear, which gives support to testis while cycling. The testis should not hang loosely.


For more information consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can Silodosin improve urine flow in kidney infection?
Kindly help me get rid of pain in testis.
Having a lump on the posterior side of the testis. Can you suggest any treatments?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why do I testicular pain if I do not masturbate or have sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 33 years old with a weight of 95 kg and 5 feet 9 inches height. He has been having pain in his scrotum and testis area for the past 6 to 7 years after every 2 to 3 days whenever he does not masturbate or does not have sexual intercourse. If he masturbates daily or has se...  Read Full »

I am getting recurrent testicular pain with normal ultrasound and other tests. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I sat on my testicle before two months, and I experienced an initial sharp pain for a few hours. I went to the ER and did a blood test, urine test and an ultrasound. Torsion, as well as infection, was ruled out. The exact incident occurred before few days. I did a urine test and another...  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.